Route to the Nearest MRT

As I'm going to come to an end of the series "The Building of X", I'm starting another new series for exploring the neighbourhood. To start off, I'd write about driving directions to the nearest MRT - Novena.


Basically there are about 3 to 4 routes to take from Kim Keat Road. Haven't really experimented the routes but here's my research.

Green route - The longest route and it takes the longest time. Travel along Balestier Road westward and south on Thomsom Road. During peak hours, the heavy traffic can drive you crazy.

Purple route - A bit shorter than the green route, go west from Moulmein and take a left on Sinaram Dr. Not sure where is the exact drop off point at the MRT though.

Blue route - As we've been traveling up and down Balestier Road many times, I noticed there are some small inroads which we could actually cut across to reach the MRT. Hence the next time I'm going to try Mandalay Road, Bassein Road, Jalan Tan Tock Seng. I think we can also turn left into Shan Rd, then onto Irrawaddy Road and straight down north (btw the north of Irrawaddy Road should be a one-way and is not reflected on the map).

Blue route also passes by TTS hospital. In case of any emergency it's very near - CHOI! Touch wood!