X-Building in Bahagia #4 - Keys collected. What to Hack?

Good news, we got the keys! Tomorrow will also be the first time we're meeting an ID. We found her contact when we were doing our rounds some time back around the area. The contractor Christina told us she designed some homes in the same area so we reckon she should be experienced to offer some good ideas and solutions to very problematic space planning issues.

My 2 storey Terrace HouseMy 2 storey Terrace HouseMy 2 storey Terrace House

I'm pretty excited about it and have been thinking about what changes we want to do to our new home. I would like to bring our concerns up to the ID and listen out to sound advice. That of course, includes staying within budget. We need a major revamp here!


We gave our new home a lot of thoughts and explored many ways to go about creating what we want.

Overall Design and Theme


Contemporary Modern. Spacious and Open.




Living Room


- Featured Wall for TV
- Hacking of Ceiling Fan
- Hacking away of staircase wall and doing up it's railing


My 2 storey Terrace House

My 2 storey Terrace House

Front patio


- Convert main door into folding doors
- Changing of tiles
- Making space for shoe cabinet and overhanging plants
- Mini garden (perhaps at a later stage)
- Changing of walls at gate


My 2 storey Terrace House
Front patio - take away those windows and hack away the lower wall to make way for bi-folds.

My 2 storey Terrace House
Font patio - Changing of tiles (don't you agree)

Kitchen and Bathroom


- Space Planning (including storage area)
- Bathroom Ventilation Issues
- Combine Bathroom and Toilet into 1
- Enlarge the Bathroom space


My 2 storey Terrace House
Kitchen - we're thinking about space planning issues since there is ample space to do so.

My 2 storey Terrace HouseMy 2 storey Terrace House
On the left, you'll see the 2 bathrooms separated by a wall *one side is the bathing area, the other side is the WC area*. On the right, you see one side of the WC area.

Backyard


The backyard should be a washing area, a place to dry clothes
- Changing of tiles (floor and wall)
- Semi open space for air ventilation and brightness


My 2 storey Terrace House
The backyard that needs a lot of work.

My 2 storey Terrace House
The backyard - changing the tiles.

Bedroom


- Open up ceiling
- Changing of window grills
- Add an attached bathroom accesible by both rooms
- Overlaying of wooden strips on floor


My 2 storey Terrace House
Bedrooms don't come with any attached bathroom.

My 2 storey Terrace House
Bedroom - Changing of grills



As you can see, there's a lot of hacking to be done. Expectations to be managed and things to change along the way. This is the start of a major transformation and it fFeels like a mountain ahead of us now.

1 comments:

X-Building in Bahagia #12 - Hacking to start « ..when i dream mm.. said...

[...] This is my first picture on the dark and narrow staircase (even though I posted one up of the side view in my previous post) [...]

Post a Comment